Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy with Deborah Lindemann CHT Fort Collins, Colorado

Call 970-494-1185

Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy - Fort Collins, Colorado

September 2010 - Stress Is The Cause of 90 - 95% of Illness & Disease

Back to Newsletter

(Get Our Free Stress Release CD Online)

There is one thing on planet Earth that can heal just about any health problem in your life and that is your immune system. Just how healthy is your immune system? Did you know that chronic stress turns off the effectiveness of your immune system? According to Stanford University Medical School in research released in 1998 by Dr. Bruce Lipton, a highly renowned and respected cell biologist, stress is the cause of at least 95% of all illness and disease. Dr. Lipton reports that the remaining 5 percent is genetic and was caused, you guessed it, by stress somewhere in the ancestry of that person. In other words, what we think of as genetic or a family predisposition to a particular disease or health problem was originally created by a stressful condition or event, somewhere in your family tree.

Even the U.S. Federal Government, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), says on their website that 90 percent of all illness and disease is related to stress. Just about any authoritative source you can name agrees – Harvard, Yale, Vanderbilt, The Mayo Clinic, and the list goes on.

Especially notable is what the Harvard Medical School says on their website. “Too much stress for too long creates what is known as ‘chronic stress’ which has been linked to heart disease, stroke, and may also influence cancer and chronic respiratory diseases. And illness is just the tip of the iceberg. Stress affects you emotionally, as well, marring the joy you gain from life and loved ones.”

When you chronically live in a flight or fight mode you turn down or off the capacity for your body cells to do their work, which is to take in nutrition and to release toxins. The affect of stress on your cells was designed into your body to help you flee from danger. If for example, you had a wild animal chasing you your body is designed to shut down all unnecessary functions to help you save your life. At that moment, all the blood is going into the parts of your body that will help you deal with this life threatening situation, such as into your arms and legs to help you run. But what if you live your life in this chronic state of stress? What kind of tolls will it take on your body over time? How much joy will it steal from your life?

Chronic stress in your body can come from many sources such as limiting beliefs about your life, negative emotions, the environment (toxins, negative people you live with), creating a habit of stress, what you eat, how much sleep you get or don’t get, medications and so much more.
The good news is there are many ways you can release the causes of stress in your life. If you’d like to try the benefits of hypnosis, we offer a free CD online which was originally designed for our smoking clients who want to quit. Track 2 on our CD is 25 minutes long and can introduce you to the experience of hypnosis, helping your release daily stress and actually program your mind to handle stress better as it come up. Regular use of this CD will help maximize the positive effects on your body and mind. If you’d like to listen to track 2 of this free CD, or download it to your I-Pod, you’ll find it by going to our link at: http://www.lpgmindworks.com/freecd.html

If you would like to work more deeply on the causes of your stress, hypnosis can help you in as little as 2 – 3 sessions. Most of our processes are also designed to release the root cause of your stress without your having to relive or re-experience the content of what caused the stress. You can live a more stress-free life. Claim yours today!

Source: “Stress Management: Approaches for Preventing and Reducing Stress.” Harvard Health Publications, Harvard Medical School, http://www.health.harvard.edu/special_health_reports/stress_Control.htm

Back to Newsletter

Fort Collins, CO 80525
970-494-1185
Terms SiteMap
info@lpgmindworks.com